The Coleman Experience
Coleman Customer Experience
In every step of your learning journey, we ensure that you,
- Acquire knowledge and skills through convenient and friendly service
- Are attended by passionate and caring staff who are knowledgeable in adapting to your requirements
- Receive relevant and timely information and learning materials
thus achieving the best possible outcome for you.
Student Support Services Available
During the student’s programme of study, the students will be informed and provided with:
- Help in making further decisions about their future learning needs in light of outcomes achieved/ anticipated.
- Access to career guidance for up to one year from the completion of their studies.
Student support services for international students include:
- Assistance in adaption to the local environment or seeking other support services. For example, general or specialist health services (physiological, dental, mental), drug/ alcohol abuse education, problem gambling, sexuality education, etc.
- Advice or services on accommodation options.
- Close collaboration with guardians for students not exceeding 18 years of age to help them with living and studying in Singapore.
Facilities and programmes that the College provides for students to enrich their educational experience include:
- Study areas
- Beverage machine
- Wireless internet connection
- Computer room
- Health promotion programmes
- Financial assistance scheme
- Assistance to disadvantaged students (e.g. those with physical and/or learning disabilities)
- Academic assistance to students (e.g. language programmes, extra remedial classes)
Pastoral counselling services include:
- Providing emotional support for students to help them cope with mental stress relating to a new environment or course demands.
- Implementing programmes to create a culture and climate of care, trust and friendliness that encourage student attendance and involvement, etc.
- A team of counsellors (with relevant qualifications and counselling experience) to provide counselling to students when necessary.
- Singapore Anti-Narcotics Association (SANA): 1800 – 733 4444
- Samaritans of Singapore (SOS): 1800 – 221 4444
- Teen Challenge: 6346 9332
National Council on Problem Gambling
An Introduction to Problem Gambling
Problem gambling, also known as gambling addiction or pathological gambling, is a progressive condition similar to alcohol or drug addictions. Those with a gambling addiction have difficulty controlling their gambling, even when it has serious negative consequences for them and their families. Their gambling behaviour will increase over time, both in frequency and amount wagered. Problem gambling develops from social gambling and a person typically goes through 3 phases in developing an addiction:
- The Winning Phase
The person starts gambling as a social pastime, experiences the euphoria of winning and this fuels further gambling behaviour.
- The Losing Phase
In this phase the gambler starts to lose control, become impulsive and win back losses. If losses accumulate, the gambler will lie and cover up to escape detection.
- The Desperation Phase
At this phase, life spins out of control as losses become unmanageable. Gamblers feel powerless, remorseful and desperate.
Seeking Help for Problem Gambling
The good news is that people do recover from gambling addiction. Recovery begins with the desire to change, and the person with a gambling addiction is more likely to stay away from gambling with the right support. It is not a sign of weakness to ask for help. Honesty and perseverance are key factors in recovery. Below are some help-lines and help services that gamblers or their friends and family can utilise if necessary:
National Council on Problem Gambling Helpline 1800-6-668-668
Family Service Centres Helpline 1800-838-0100
The Samaritans of Singapore’s Hotline 1800-221-4444
Ray of Hope Hotline 1800-7867-669
We Care Community Services www.wecare.org.sg Tel: 6471-5346
The National Addictions Management Service
Address: Buangkok Green Medical Park, 10 Buangkok View, Singapore 539747. NAMS Specialist Outpatient Clinic C, Basement, Block 9.